Login

LoginRegister

Guests can not chat

Treadmill Test

Treadmill Test

Postby callum929 » 04 Jul 2017, 16:05

Just wondering from those that have done it how difficult the Chester Treadmill test actually is. I'm not the fittest person ever but I run just over a mile every day and walk the dog up hills. The bleep test was too much for me and only managed into the 7's so looking for reassurance that this might be a bit easier.
callum929
Probie
Probie

Re: Treadmill Test

Postby Bravo » 09 Jul 2017, 14:03

callum929 wrote:Just wondering from those that have done it how difficult the Chester Treadmill test actually is. I'm not the fittest person ever but I run just over a mile every day and walk the dog up hills. The bleep test was too much for me and only managed into the 7's so looking for reassurance that this might be a bit easier.

Hi callum929, Welcome to the forum :smiley:
Tact, Perseverance, Loyalty, Observation, Sympathy, Explicitness, Dexterity, Gallantry.

All views expressed are my own and do not reflect those of my employers
Bravo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Arsenal, Arsenal, Arsenal, Arsenal, Arsenal

Postby Joe14 » 09 Jul 2017, 20:21

For me personally CTT is easier than the 8.6 bleep test my brigade require. (On our yearly fitness test although new potential recruits need to get 9.6) We can choose. It gets a calves a bit in the last 2 mins but is no trouble. If you walk hills and run as you say you should boss a CTT.

I personally always go for a bleep test. I'd prefer to choose CTT but the bleep makes me keep up my fitness. The fitter the better because our yearly BA refresher is always arduous!!! :shock:
Joe14
First in....Last Out
First in....Last Out

Postby tontofire » 09 Jul 2017, 20:37

Not done a bleep test but the CTT is hard in the last few minutes because you want to jog/run rather than fast/power walk. Train for it and you shouldnt have a problem. It's a lot easier than the DGA which is being introduced at a national level.
tontofire
B.A. Wearer
B.A. Wearer

Postby callum929 » 10 Jul 2017, 05:38

Thanks guys, I went to gym the other day and tried it and managed to do it twice in a row with relative ease. Luckily I am quite tall and have big strides anyway so didn't feel need to jog/run.

Need to do it for real in 2 and a bit weeks so if I keep doing it in the gym I should be fine :)
callum929
Probie
Probie

Return to Physical Tests