Login

LoginRegister

Guests can not chat

New sfrs kit?

Pictures and information on pumps and their kit

New sfrs kit?

Postby ayrshirelad » 21 Oct 2015, 05:29

Anyone seen or know what the stuff we are getting looks like as nobody in my area has a clue only that we were told to send our sizes to stores. I hope they replace these clunky leather gloves for the just as tough thinner one's some of the other legacy services used.
The opinions I express are mine and not those of my station or service.
ayrshirelad
First in....Last Out
First in....Last Out

Re: New sfrs kit?

Postby giles » 21 Oct 2015, 08:04

If we got new kit for every time we send our sizes to stores,we would need a new station just for the kit.Don't know what they do with the info,but it sure doesn't get kept where it can be accessed....Latest measurements went out from us for new reflective jackets for RTC's/working on roads,though why you need leg length for a jacket is beyond me.
giles
Veteran
Veteran

Postby ayrshirelad » 21 Oct 2015, 08:52

giles wrote:If we got new kit for every time we send our sizes to stores,we would need a new station just for the kit.Don't know what they do with the info,but it sure doesn't get kept where it can be accessed....Latest measurements went out from us for new reflective jackets for RTC's/working on roads,though why you need leg length for a jacket is beyond me.

That's for the new fire kit. All we know is that it's getting distributed to all stations soon. They have spend £750,000 on the stuff. What I can't find out is what stuff it is helmet wise and that. I've heard rumours it's maroon and others saying the tunics and that's going back to Blue haha.

And yea stores can't seem.to keep records of cloth sizes.
ayrshirelad
First in....Last Out
First in....Last Out

Postby giles » 21 Oct 2015, 14:19

Not heard anything about new kit other than Hi Vis.Can't be for the whole Brigade surely?£750,000 won't boot and suit everyone with 2 sets of new kit?There's about 8500 employees,that's less than £100 each.Must be cheap gear if it's true........Maybe its just you guys in the West area?Personally I think the money would be better spent on training which seems to be struggling to deliver and to hang on to good trainers.Some really excellent ex Central ones have or are going back on the run rather than carry on in the training dept.So much of the training seems to be generic too which is unfortunate as it's not often a one pump rural station goes out the door with 2 fully manned pumps...........
giles
Veteran
Veteran

Postby ayrshirelad » 21 Oct 2015, 15:17

Yea I have agree regards the training I've noticed a massive difference I know our area is struggling to cover all the stations as often as is needed.

Well I'd heard it's for the whole of Scotland and the email issued to everyone also says it. Apparently the supply contract with some brigades is up and I know for old Strathclyde the fire kit for many is put of date and very old all but 3 in our station there still using the original issue of gold even with multiple patches and stuff. Its all about having a single standard kit with one supplier so the stock can be distributed without issue. I don't know which other legacy brigades are in the same boat but I'm willing to bet others also have kit reaching the end of there life.
ayrshirelad
First in....Last Out
First in....Last Out

Postby AlphaPapaTango » 21 Oct 2015, 16:13

Maybe you'll go to a pool system and move away from Personal issue?
Lots of other FRS game already gone down that contract route.
AlphaPapaTango
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Hari5318 » 21 Oct 2015, 16:24

Still awaiting our new kit.

I believe it's just replacement with same gold kit.

New gloves would be nice tho.

When we were issued the kit all those yrs ago we were told it was renewed aftr6 washes :hmmm:

I'm currently at 17 :lol: and on my second helmet.
Hari5318
Veteran
Veteran

Postby giles » 21 Oct 2015, 17:24

AlphaPapaTango wrote:Maybe you'll go to a pool system and move away from Personal issue?
Lots of other FRS game already gone down that contract route.

In Central,we all had our own BA masks.When the new sets go live each set has a dedicated mask which is to be kept with that set always so as you say a pool system.If a set goes off the run another complete set gets sent up to replace it from a pool.Not heard any whispers on that system for kit yet though.
giles
Veteran
Veteran

Postby ayrshirelad » 21 Oct 2015, 17:32

Hari5318 wrote:Still awaiting our new kit.

I believe it's just replacement with same gold kit.

New gloves would be nice tho.

When we were issued the kit all those yrs ago we were told it was renewed aftr6 washes :hmmm:

I'm currently at 17 :lol: and on my second helmet.

Yea it will be a while I'd think till its out. Cool so gold again we keeping our pattern or adopting the gold silver stuff of the rest of the service? I know the guys at the station well the older ones were hopeing the rumour that's it's blue.

I tried a pair of d and g style gloves on at a job earlier this yea and they are miles better to what we are issued then again all their kits better haha

Haha I was told that a few years ago about the washing when I joined tho also told back at station they never stick to it.
ayrshirelad
First in....Last Out
First in....Last Out

Postby ayrshirelad » 01 Jan 2016, 18:39

Anyone got an update when the new kits being rolled out? I know the personal RTC tabards are due in Feb.
ayrshirelad
First in....Last Out
First in....Last Out

Postby Hari5318 » 01 Jan 2016, 20:15

Not heard a thing yet.
Apart from "there's no money"

New jackets are pretty good with the saltire on the arm (bagpipe)
Hari5318
Veteran
Veteran

Postby ayrshirelad » 01 Jan 2016, 23:59

Hari5318 wrote:Not heard a thing yet.
Apart from "there's no money"

New jackets are pretty good with the saltire on the arm (bagpipe)

Must have been some money the email asking for sizes said they had spent £750,000 on new fire kit. Still cant understand how they can spend that kind of money when at most stations half the fire kits new or newish. (i know the older hands still have first issue fire kit but guys like me it's less than 3 years old.)

I like the jackets tho my dad being english for a laugh taped a st george's cross over his luckily the supervisory officer saw the funny side haha
ayrshirelad
First in....Last Out
First in....Last Out

Postby Hari5318 » 02 Jan 2016, 14:37

You've got to have a sense o humour in this game.
Especially when you hear some of the decisions made to spend the budget on.

Those TRG that everyone in Strathclyde got 2 of could not have been cheap (noooo)
Hari5318
Veteran
Veteran

Postby ayrshirelad » 02 Jan 2016, 17:13

Hari5318 wrote:You've got to have a sense o humour in this game.
Especially when you hear some of the decisions made to spend the budget on.

Those TRG that everyone in Strathclyde got 2 of could not have been cheap (noooo)

Aye a know what you mean I'll be surprised if they will even have enough to double issue everyone with enough. Not sure why they are wasteing money on tabards when the ones on the truck are fine but hey ho

Stopped issuing them when I joined can't remember being at a job in the 2 and a half years to date that anyone wore it haha

Maybe now the current chief can't build his fancy new hq and has to use the state of the art center at uaill they will spend that money on something useful like decent water rescue kit for the pumps.
ayrshirelad
First in....Last Out
First in....Last Out

Postby North » 22 Jan 2016, 22:17

We got the personal RTC jackets last week one of the crew who is a lorry driver said the old ones were not up to the new standard. I have a kit away getting repaired been away about a month hope the new stuff is blue.
North
B.A. Wearer
B.A. Wearer

Postby ayrshirelad » 26 Jan 2016, 22:41

North wrote:We got the personal RTC jackets last week one of the crew who is a lorry driver said the old ones were not up to the new standard. I have a kit away getting repaired been away about a month hope the new stuff is blue.

Ooh that's interesting are they just tabards or reversible jackets like we have?

All gone cold on the new fire kit not o e mention of it on any recent emails etc.

Wow that's ages so your down to one set or do you have more than one spare. Longest I've waited for cleanings been 2 weeks.
ayrshirelad
First in....Last Out
First in....Last Out

Postby North » 27 Jan 2016, 09:37

Down to one kit and just had a fire at a tyre fitting garage,I don't look to smart just now. Long sleeved non reversible luminous jacket very boring why is yours reversible what's on the other side.
North
B.A. Wearer
B.A. Wearer

Postby ayrshirelad » 27 Jan 2016, 09:57

North wrote:Down to one kit and just had a fire at a tyre fitting garage,I don't look to smart just now. Long sleeved non reversible luminous jacket very boring why is yours reversible what's on the other side.

Ah that's not good at all. Not a nice smell then evetytime you put it on.

The inside is orange for use on railways both sides are identical with reflective strips etc just the main colour. Don't see the need for full sleeves imho unless of course they are going to turn away from the gold fire kit.
ayrshirelad
First in....Last Out
First in....Last Out

Postby Ally260994 » 30 Apr 2017, 15:27

Word on the street is there is no new kit coming just now, apparently they had brand new fire kit at Uaill for testing, all of the instructors got burnt through the kit. It was a shockingly low tog. So who knows what's happening now
Ally260994
Probie
Probie

Postby Bravo » 04 May 2017, 08:08

Ally260994 wrote:Word on the street is there is no new kit coming just now, apparently they had brand new fire kit at Uaill for testing, all of the instructors got burnt through the kit. It was a shockingly low tog. So who knows what's happening now

Hi Ally260994, Welcome to the forum :smiley:
Tact, Perseverance, Loyalty, Observation, Sympathy, Explicitness, Dexterity, Gallantry.

All views expressed are my own and do not reflect those of my employers
Bravo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Arsenal, Arsenal, Arsenal, Arsenal, Arsenal

Return to Appliance and Equipment